The RN to BSN Adult Degree Completion Program is offered through AU Online.
The RN to BSN program at AU Online is designed for the associate-degree or diploma-prepared registered nurses (RN) who wish to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. The coursework is built upon prior learning and nursing experience while enhancing professional nursing practice and providing a foundation for leadership roles. Graduates of the program are prepared to step into leadership positions in the profession.
Classes meet year-round in eight-week modules, allowing busy professionals to make steady progress towards their educational goals. Small class sizes allow for significant interaction among peers and professors.
The U.S. Department of Labor projects that the demand for registered nurses will increase by 22 percent in the next decade. The RN to BSN program will prepare you to be at the forefront of this growing field and equip you with the skills needed to pursue high level managerial positions in health care.
Once your degree is completed, then what? Check out more information about the different careers in nursing.
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
RN to BSN Admission Requirements
- Be a recent graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, an RN with clinical experience within the past five years or completion of a certified RN refresher course.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Possess a current Illinois or Wisconsin RN license.
- Complete the online application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts from all prior academic work.