Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Bookstore Manager supports learning by overseeing all functions of the university bookstore, including, but not limited to budgets, financial goals, service, policies and procedures.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for overseeing all daily operations of the bookstore. Responsible for merchandising/housekeeping of product in store. Informs university community of bookstore events, promotions and deadlines. Ensures excellent provision of customer service to the university community.
- Supervises staff, including hiring, training, discipline, scheduling and evaluations. Functions as back up on cashier and clerk duties.
- Implements and reviews bookstore policies and procedures.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining inventory of bookstore. Determines new product lines and manages vendor relationships. Conducts and prepares fiscal year physical inventory.
- Responsible for textbook management, which includes working with faculty and departments in securing course information, ordering, inventory control, setting up rental and ebook information in system, recording sales/enrollment histories and overseeing returns. Schedules, prepares and reconciles buybacks.
- Responsible for bookkeeping/accounting for bookstore, which includes maintaining proper accounts with regards to sales, rentals, ebooks, inventories and expenses. Reconciles and processes invoices, credit memos and daily cash deposits and reports for transfer to business office. Prepares budgets, monthly inventory reports, departmental charges and other financial reports.
- Maintains textbook management system and on line bookstore website.
- Schedules class ring days and nursing pin ordering.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience in retail required.
- Bookkeeping/accounting knowledge required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Detail oriented/accurate/organized.
- Able to handle stressful fast-paced environment.
- Able to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Able to supervise others.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic POS knowledge with familiarity of Booklog Management System helpful.
- Able to lift, push and pull 60 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to move around campus.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.